Friday, October 6, 2017

How To Maximize Your Wardrobe Whilst Buying Less: Featuring the Mimiri Oversized Print Coat



I am a serious repeat offender when it comes to clothes. I learned very early on from my mother; the art of mixing, matching and shopping in my closet first, before going out to purchase something new. Whenever there is an event, my first instinct is to shop. Because naturally there is never anything to wear.


I don’t know if you, like me, have made those last minute purchases and ended up wearing the outfit never again. That is because you settled or ran out of time. When we shop without an event in mind. We are often more relaxed and are able to make a sound decision. With fast fashion, you find yourself with a closet full of clothes and nothing to wear.



Hence why I have shared my top three tips. To not only help you maximize your wardrobe without buying much,but to also help you avoid succumbing to the temptation that is fast fashion. Here they are :








1. Quantity over quality. 


I am for quality. I make a habit of investing in high-quality bags, shoes, and coats. If you do the same, I guarantee you will always have items that will transform your outfit. Remember, it is not about chasing a trend. But it is about owning a wardrobe that outlives any trend.



2. Do not hesitate to be a repeat offender. 


As a blogger, you'd think I have a closet full of clothes. In the beginning, I thought I needed to but I am no longer afraid to wear the same item twice. My personal go-to is a white shirt and anything navy blue and green. Navy blue is my black. Find your black and wear everything around it.

Also, I  have worn the same white shirt in every post. Now you're about to confirm that. You'll find me wearing the same pieces over and over with different shoes and coats. I buy clothes that allow me room for accessorizing. This can be done by wearing a colorful coat or jewelry.



3. View your base outfit as a canvas

The dress I'm wearing today, you may or may not notice that I was wearing it on another post. This is an example of a canvas. You can paint using any color on a canvas.  If you view your outfit base this way, It will help you make better purchasing decisions.



***

As for the outfit, I wanted a bishop collar so I wore a black turtleneck over a white shirt to create the look. The fabric of this coat was love at first sight. I had made a dress that I only wore once, tore it apart and I made this coat.

That is it for today! If you know anyone who could make use of these tips and tricks, please share this post with them. Please comment below on whether or not you implement the aforementioned tips & tricks in your life. As always, thanks for stopping by.

8 comments:

  1. I wonder what your suggestions are or top three tips for men who favours a blend of colours?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, I love men's wear. I'm a sucker for a navy blue or shades of blue suits. A variety of colourful shirts, very good shoes and a great belt should do the trick. Shoes dictate the mood of an outfit besides the fact that women use them to unpack a man. lol

      Delete
  2. I love your style! The tips are perfect and just what I needed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Shaylah, Aawww.. you're too kind. I'm glad to hear this was a timely piece for you :)

      Delete
  3. Such great tips! #1 really speaks to me, as I tend to go for "fast fashion" brands instead of investing in splurge worthy pieces that will likely last me a lifetime. I'm loving the green & blue look that you put together! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sharon. I'm glad to hear this will help :) Cheers!

      Delete

All comments are moderated.